Started in 1963, suspended from 1967 to 1978 for some reason and resumed in 1979, the PETROLEUM GEOLOGY & EXPERIMENT is now sponsored by Sinopec Petroleum Exploration and Production Research Institute and the Petroleum Geology Professional Committee of the Geological Society of China. This magazine aims at promoting the development of petroleum geological exploration theories and technologies and academic exchanges, and aims at promoting and exchanging the latest petroleum science and technology. It reports new theories, new methods and new research results of petroleum geological exploration and experimental technologies both in China and across the world. Its target readers include technicians engaging in the petroleum and natural gas industry at home and abroad.
PETROLEUM GEOLOGY & EXPERIMENT, as a Chinese core journal, is bimonthly published on the 28th of each odd month. The full text is published preferentially on the official website and public WeChat platform of the PETROLEUM GEOLOGY & EXPERIMENT as well as on the network data platforms of periodicals, including CNKI, Wanfang Data Knowledge Service Platform and CQVIP, and some other ones, with concurrent printed publications.
The PETROLEUM GEOLOGY & EXPERIMENT has permanent columns such as “Basin & Reservoir”, “Petroleum Geochemistry” and “Techniques & Methods”. Active contributions from all technicians are encouraged and welcomed.
Contributions to the PETROLEUM GEOLOGY & EXPERIMENT should be submitted online at www.sysydz.net, and other forms of contributions are not accepted. If the author has not received the notice of adoption, revision or rejection in 2 months after the manuscript is submitted to the editorial board, please contact the editorial board or leave a message on the website. For the manuscript to be published, the editorial board will timely send the notice of adoption and revision opinions to the author who shall return the revised manuscript, vector diagram and the like to the editorial board within specified time limit. If the manuscript has not been revised and returned within one month without prior agreement, it will be regarded as an automatic waiver. For manuscript not to be published, the editorial board will inform the author of the fact in time without returning the manuscript. Please be sure to provide reliable contact information and E-mail.
Contribution to this journal is free of any charge. Authors whose manuscript is published will be paid as stipulated and the principal author will be given 2 copies of printed periodicals. All authors can log on the website of the journal for free and download PDFs of all published papers on the website for free. The abstracts and full texts in both Chinese and English versions published in PETROLEUM GEOLOGY & EXPERIMENT are also included in relevant domestic and international digests, retrieval systems and websites; the authors' copyright royalties will be paid with the author's remuneration on lump sum basis, and the editorial board reserves the rights of reproduction, distribution, informationized network dissemination, translation and compilation of the abstracts and full texts hereof. In case of any objection to this agreement, specify it upon contribution, and we will handle it at our discretion.
Other issues related to contributions:
1. Notes for contributions
(1) The content of your contributions shall be new theories, new methods, new research results and the like related to petroleum geology and experiment.
(2) Contributions are expected to have clear points and reliable arguments; the main achievements should be the authors' independent work. The authors warrant and represent that the manuscript is free from plagiarism, that the authors are responsible for the text, and that there is no dispute over the ordering of authorship. Where the research results of other authors are quoted, the source should be indicated at the corresponding position in the text according to the relevant provisions of the Copyright Law of the People’s Republic of China, and listed in the references. However, the papers that are for internal use and not suitable to be made public cannot be listed in the references. Responsibilities for all disputes arising from copyright shall be borne by the author.
(3) All contributions are deemed to have passed the confidentiality review by the employer of the author. The author shall be responsible for any possible disclosure due to publication of the paper.
(4) In order to further improve the academic atmosphere and maintain the quality and authority of PETROLEUM GEOLOGY & EXPERIMENT, we have officially launched the Academic Misconduct Literature Check System for Technical Periodicals (AMLC) to detect the contributions to prevent academic misconduct.
2. Requirements for format of periodical articles
(1) Title. The title should bear the subject content of the paper in accurate, concise and novel words, and should be of retrieval value and help in selecting narrative words or keywords. In general, the title length shall not be more than 20 Chinese characters and a vice title may be used when necessary. Foreign words, abbreviations, symbols and codes that are not well-known and recognized or familiar to peers shall not be used in titles. The title shall be bilingual in Chinese and English.
(2) Author's name and employer. The signatures of several authors shall be separated by commas. Authors from different employers shall be marked with different Arabic numerals in the upper right corner of their names, and numerals that are the same as the serial numbers of author's names shall be added before the names of their employers. The author's name and the company shall be bilingual in Chinese and English and the name in English must be written in a way that the family name is followed by the first name. The family name shall be written in capital letters while the first letter of the first name shall be in capital. All authors should have the standard English translation names of their employers, city names and postal codes.
(3) Fund program. Fund program refers to the funding background of paper output which includes fund and program. If the article has such background, the official name and number of the sponsor fund or program shall be indicated.
(4) Abstract and key words. Abstract is an objective abbreviation of the content of the article in 200 to 300 words written in a third person. The content includes “research purpose, process and method, results and conclusions”, of which “results and conclusions” is the focus but may not be simple repetition of the conclusions in the text. “Purpose” mainly deals with the author’s purpose of writing this article or explains the main problems to be solved in the paper. “Process and method” mainly explains the author's main working process and adopted methods, including boundary conditions and the main equipment and instruments used. “Results and conclusions” should have substantial content. High-quality English abstracts and key words must be provided in the contributions.
(5) Text. The paper should have clear arguments, strict logic, reliable data and full and accurate contents, and provide detailed analysis data and charts. If there are Latin letters, Greek letters or other symbols in foreign language in the text, please indicate the language, capital letter or not, italic or not, subscript or superscript as well as the meaning at their first appearance. The usage of quantities and units in the text shall conform to the national regulatory standards, the formula should be coded continuously, and the symbols appearing in the formula should be annotated.
(6) Drawings and tables. The figures and tables should be self-explanatory, and the name of these figures and tables should start with the name of the basin or the name of the large area with English translation. All tables shall be three-line tables; the figures shall be clear and nice-looking, with clear lines and symbols and complete legends. Generally, there should be no more than 5 figures.
(7) Profiles of the first author and corresponding author. The format and items are as follows:
Author’s profile: name (year of birth - ), gender, academic degree, professional title, engaged research work and research direction. E-mail: ********.
Corresponding author: name (year of birth - ), gender, academic degree, professional title, engaged research work and research direction. E-mail: ********. Mobile phone.
(8) Acknowledgement. The journal requires that the sources of financial support provided by all institutions, individuals and enterprises in the article must be fully recognized, and any potential conflicts of interest must be indicated. The data issued or provided shall be authorized and the main grantors shall be clearly listed. The above information is indicated in the acknowledgment section of the article.
(9) References. The references in the journal shall be arranged according to sequential coding system and there are at least 15 references. Chinese references require English translations. Refer to GB/T 7714—2015 for the description format of references.
(9) Length of the article. Please typeset your contribution according to the format of the journal, and the number of pages should be limited to 8.
3. Contribution channel
Please visit our website and click on the “Author Contribution System” in the “Online Office System” on the left column to make contribution. Please type your contribution information as instructed by the system and upload your attachment. After successful contribution, you can query the progress and results of paper review online, and you may also check the progress and results of article review by following our public platform on WeChat (Petroleum Geology & Experiment or sysydz).